HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Howard Professor Haile Gerima's "Teza" in Cannes 2009






During the Cannes film festival I was able to meet with a former professor of mine Haile Gerima whose film "Teza" premiered during my time at the Cannes Film Festival. I took a course called Third World Cinema where we critiqued and analyzed the meaning of films from the third world. I admired Gerima for his ability to think outside the box and for his efforts and success in the art of independent film. This film "Teza" really surprised me though. Seamless editing, the story was flawless and more so moving to the core. I found myself crying a couple of times during the movie because I felt like I really understood to a certain degree the importance of film after viewing Gerima's film. Storytelling is the essence of film. So it dawned on me the reasons it is important to learn from all of your experiences. Traveling abroad also opened up a whole new world and worldview. I knew that some things like music videos and hip hop where all that some people knew of America but when you actually experience someone asking you point blank about Hip-Hop like that's all you are about it is different. People expect you to know as many languages as them just like we expect them to know English when they come to America. But back to the film "Teza." It made a true imprint on my mind about what I was put here to do. It all comes down to the simple things in the end... the protection of family and their stories. It is a great task to hold but life is the melting pot from where we pull our stories and "Teza" is a beautiful story that the world needs to experience.

As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"
http://www.youtube.com/purplereels

http://www.twitter.com/purplereels









No comments: