HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chrisette Michele's "Epiphany"



Chrisette Michele is the definition of real music! I am so mesmerized by her new album “Epiphany,” her sophomore album, which just dropped May 5, 2009. Each song is like a teardrop of heartfelt poetry in your ear. I remember seeing Chrisette perform at The Black Cat in DC before her debut album “I AM” came out. She possessed such a strong presence of a lady but more so an amazing classic demeanor from the 1920s. In an interview following the debut album “I AM” Chrisette talked about how she has definitely been influenced by singers from a different era. She came to us as such a soft heartfelt young lady opening her heart to us. This album “Epiphany” can be described as the adaptation of a strong woman! She has truly grown. Her voice was already sultry like that of Sara Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday but this album is different because she takes you there! I know that I have a classic on my hands when I have no problem letting the whole CD play on repeat… this one is a winner! It is so hard to pick a favorite from this album but so far my picks are “Porcelain Doll,” “All I ever think about is You,” and “Mr. Right.” However I enjoy each song on the album equally and might not be doing it justice by picking favorites. I love the whole CD. Definitely can relate to this album. It sounds like Chrisette has been through some things and you can pick up on the passion in the songs even better when you witness it live. So I'll let you be the judge! Below are some videos from a performance Chrisette did for Vh1 SoulStage. Enjoy!


CHRISETTE MICHELE "EPIPHANY"





CHRISETTE MICHELE "BE OK"




CHRISETTE MICHELE "BLAME IT ON ME"




CHRISETTE MICHELE "ALL I EVER THINK ABOUT IS YOU"







As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"
http://www.youtube.com/purplereels

http://www.twitter.com/purplereels

No comments: