HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sonny Bonoho "The Best Kept Secret in the Pacific Northwest" **** [Purple Reels Review of New Album PhonePhreak]

Sonny Bonoho is the best kept secret in the Pacific Northwest! His original twist on Hip Hop is unique in the sense that it romances the senses!  ....he tells stories to the people to try to encourage them to keep their heads up! You mix that with a funky yet smooth groove and lace it with lyrics to kill and you're bound to have the whole world waiting for another bionic thrill! 
~ Purple Reels ~

















If you don't know of Sonny Bonoho he is the best kept secret in the Pacific Northwest (Tacoma/Seattle). He has opened shows for artists such as Outlaw, 2 Live Crew, Digital Underground, Dylan, Bohagon, Playboy Tre, Devin the Dude, Twista, Kurupt, Flavor Flav, Cool Nutz, Yukmouth, E-40, RBL, Jedi Mind Trick, Sean Price, Dj Quik, AMG, Prodigy, Cassie, Sean Kingston, Richboy, Silk, Slick Rick, De La Soul, YZ, Andre Nikatina, & more.

Bonoho is a rapper.producer.promoter and has made a name for himself because of his originality and unique personality. When asked about how he feels about hip hop he stated  “Everything about me is unorthodox and that’s how I feel about HipHop”.

On music “Sonny Bonoho’s music is to improve quality of life. It’s the struggle to solve problems within yourself,” he explains.

“In my community, many people know me as the person who always ties everybody together. While doing all that, I still focus on Sonny Bonoho, the artist”.



In 2005, Sonny Bonoho starting working with Ga Durt Artist’s Playboy Tre & Bohagon of Lil Jon’s record label BME. Then came the video “Get Down” Directed by Billy Summers. Bonoho then started a new group with Playboy Tre called “The Bona Brothers”. This was a very pivotal moment for Bonoho. You'll be surprised to know that he has played over 100 concerts in the past year and toured with Bohagon & Playboy Tre in Germany.

“It’s a blessing to make good music with my brothers Bohagon & Playboy Tre,” explains Sonny Bonoho.



His new sound is what keeps me listening... I haven't heard anything like this in a while. His original twist on Hip Hop is unique in the sense that it romances the senses. I ran into Sonny Bonoho at Cool 19 this past weekend but I remember when he came to perform at Rainier Beach High School in the Southend of Seattle. I didn't know much about him then. Actually I knew nothing of him then but I'm happy to be reintroduced to his music. It comes at a time where motivation is truly needed. There are a lot of people out there who need to hear something positive and that is what I am about promoting a POSITIVE MESSAGE. This new album "Phonephreak" I think will definitely surprise people because of the message. There's a very cool intro and original content. Actually I was surprised at how crazy this album was. The album is set to release April 10th which is also the same day as the Album Release Party to take place at Nectar Lounge [412 N 36th St] in Seattle, WA. I think that Sonny Bonoho is the best kept secret in the Pacific Northwest (Tacoma/Seattle).

So Sonny Bonoho reminds me of Mos Def in a way... let me explain... Mos Def doesn't hold his tongue and he tells stories to the people to try to encourage them to keep their head up! You mix that with a funky yet smooth groove and lace it with lyrics to kill and you're bound to have the whole world waiting for another bionic thrill! 


PHONEPHREAK ALBUM

I believe there is something for everyone on this album...



"In The Jar" is a coming out song where Bonoho talks about his past and how he made it to the top ... with God on his side... it is a true testament of his gratitude  "heavenly father save our tears in the jar I can't wait to meet you see who you are... when we get back home we won't never ever be alone... be alone!" the music for this song really fits perfectly ... and the lyrics wrapped around the beat

"Good Bye" a dedication to giving up "MaryJane" (a perfect song for anti-drug commercial) ... growing up... he's whole heartedly showing his fans how he is changing for the better... giving up what was holding him back in a sense.

"Touch You"

a ride or die song very motivating for anyone who is trying to achieve their dreams and rise to the top... I think that this song has multiple meanings though... There are always those pivotal songs on an album that really explain the core of where the artist is trying to take you. This is that type of song so take time to listen...

  "I've been crying, I've been dying ... I've been trying it's God's timing... now I'm living better now..."

"I want to motivate the pros and cons that's why I discover myself to make another person strong"


Another one of my favorites on the album is 

"Zig Zag" 
I definitely think this is a smash hit and could attract a lot of attention because of it's unique sound. The beat is FUNKY and I can dig that! If you're interested in seeing Sonny Bonoho live be sure to check him out this Saturday down at the Nectar lounge. It is sure to be a a packed house! You are in for a treat Sonny Bonoho knows how to rock the crowd! Check out the video below for your visual pleasure!















I always tell myself I'm gonna autograph the world!" Sonny Bonoho



Sonny Bonoho @ Nectar Lounge Seattle, Wa "Nappy Roots Pursuit of Nappyness" from Bonoho Capsule on Vimeo.




As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"

No comments: