HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Monday, January 25, 2010

Purple Reels Gives Back [01.24.10]






This time last year while in DC I put together a screening/birthday bash for my documentary on the 2008 election of Barack Obama. It was a surreal feeling to share my work with others. I invited local artists to come out and showcase their talent. The main theme was spoken word.


It was the first ever screening of my documentary. It was timely and I really feel like the message was heard. I even got up and sang a song I wrote a couple of years back. It was a pretty good turn out. This year on my birthday I decided to give back by using my gift. In the heart of Seattle there are those who care dearly for the people who have been affected by the devastating effects of the earthquake that hit Haiti. It is something that has touched us all. All who are human have something inside of them that is transformed when death of this multitude happens. However when brothers and sisters unite with one common goal to heal and uplift another there is an energy so great!


Last night was a beautiful moment in time to stop and think about others less fortunate than ourselves. We all used our gifts to raise money for Haiti.




One of the flyest bands in Seattle, Washington known as "Goody Bagg" graced the house with sultry melodies accompanied by local artists such as Felicia Loud, Michael Williams, Luke Rain, Joy Jones, Frankie Brown, Arod Jones, Adrian Sims, Prez Central Intelligence, Eclipse, Speak Easy, Rob Harris, and Sammy Drain. Seattle is the best kept secret when it comes to live music. There is so much talent in this city it is crazy. Often times when people think about stars and who's hot they think about cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, and DC. I'm just here to let the world know that Seattle is where it's at when it comes to live entertainment. Purple Reels "Let your Light Shine!" I mean the fact is that back in the day Ray Charles and even Quincy Jones graced the streets of Seattle. They were bad too! They may have moved on to other places but I'm sure they stayed for a while and built a name for themselves.

Goody Bagg has been around for a while now. Seattlites are used to seeing them perform at venues such as "The Paragon" located in the hills of Queen Anne, however they're internationally known. Every Wednesday night at 88 Keys (315 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA) "Goody Bagg" gives local artists a chance to showcase their talent live on stage accompanied by the band. Their funky grooves have attracted the hottest talent and given people a reason to come out and relieve the stress of their week. They leave the audience wondering what they'll pull out of their Goody Bagg next week. The essence of an artist is in their talent but when you mix it with a live band something magical happens.

The Haiti fundraiser was a success. The sounds of music drew people from all over town. The venue was beautifully decorated, lights low and ears open ready to receive. I was very glad that I was able to help support the cause. I've often heard the term it is better to give than to receive. You never really understand these things until you experience it for yourself. I've had the opportunity to network with people I probably would have never met had I not given my time and put myself out there. Something big is about to happen and I am sure of that! It is just a matter of time before the energy is mounted up so high that it bursts through the cracks and shines a light so bright it would make a blind man see.






As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"
http://www.youtube.com/purplereels

http://www.twitter.com/purplereels

No comments: