HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Thursday, January 21, 2010

***** THE BOOK OF ELI [Purple Reels gives it 5 Stars!] *****




I knew from the description of the film that it was going to be phenomenal. The fact that Denzel was the lead character made me take notice real quick. Another fact that caught my eye was the Bible. Never in all my life have I been so struck
by a film such as this one. For me it's always hard to watch a film without paying attention to the camera angles, special effects, script, and or music score. As far as "The Book of Eli" I was not concerned with any of that. I was captured from the moment I laid eyes on the cat who was struck in the beginning of the film by a bow and arrow Denzel used to kill it for food. It brought back the life in me if there's a word for that I don't know but that's how it felt.






Eli (Denzel Washington) was forced to live beneath his means just as Jesus did. He even fed a rat in the beginning of the movie I mean who does that? Who else cares for even the sparrow's needs
? Who else but God. This film was timeless and a must see for anyone I believe. I am sure that everyone will have very different opinions about the script but I believe it served it's purpose. As an actor Denzel is amazing because he becomes the character. He is Eli! He embraces everything that the character ever was and ever could be. He is sensitive to the fact that everything he does the audience will be watching and he has the power to make them believe. In other films like "Training Day" people were amazed by how he could play a character that was so "bad." People were used to him playing the good guy. In "The Book of Eli" Denzel is sort of a mix between the two. Early in the film Eli (Denzel Washington) must kill to eat and to survive. Then on his journey he sees a woman who is begging for help along the side of the road. His killing isn't for wrong but to protect. It was so much more than that though. There's so much to this film that I could write a thousand words and still have more to spare.




There wasn't too much or too little in this film. It contained just enough to keep you wanting more. The film transcends time. For his role as Eli, Denzel Washington should definitely receive an Oscar, no ques
tion. The Hughes Brothers effectively Directed a masterpiece! One of the things I noticed that stayed true throughout the film was the element of the sky. When you go to see the film make sure you pay attention to the sky because it tells you things about what is to come in the movie. The way they used the sky and natural elements to portray events was phenomenal and if you can pick up on that you are also phenomenal! Once again this is a must see! The "Book of Eli" reminded me about the call on my life. I was the last one left in the theater watching the credits, visualizing my name. I sat in tears as I realized how much passion and sincerity I felt. Many are called but few are chosen. This is Purple Reels The GoGetter "Let your Light Shine!"















As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!


"Purple Reels The Go Getter"
http://www.youtube.com/purplereels

http://www.twitter.com/purplereels

No comments: