HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HOLD UP!!!??? Erykah Badu's Window Seat

"Erykah is so dope for this one! See the video is simple but the MESSAGE is what makes it AMAZING! Kudos on this one Erykah.... love it!"
Purple Reels

"So can I get a window seat... don't want nobody next to me... I just want a ticket out of town to look around... Can I get a window seat .... don't want nobody next to me... I just want a chance to fly... a chance to cry..."





I really do not care what anyone thinks on this one. Let me clear my throat and tell you what I thought at first glance. I like the video because of course it looks older and reminiscent of the films from the 50s/60s. If you pay attention you'll notice what exactly is going on here. All I will say is JFK. If you remember the assassination of JFK and even Dr. King you will understand the message
at the end of the video. Erykah is so dope for this one! See the video is simple but the MESSAGE is what makes it AMAZING! Kudos on this one Erykah.... love it! I know the guys were just tripping because she took off all of her clothes but it was much more than that... I know you remember when Janet Jackson had that little mishap during the SuperBowl that year with Justin Timberlake. Yeah and the world went crazy because she showed one breast! The television studios shut down and went straight to commercial not just because of a breast but it was a rare one lol! Now Erykah takes off all of her clothes... and the message at the end is the following:




 "They play it safe
Are quick to assassinate what they do not understand
they move in packs
ingesting more and more fear with every act of hate on one another
they feel most comfortable in groups
less guilt to swallow
they are us
this is what we have become
afraid to respect the individual 
a single person within a circumstance can move one to change
to love herself
to evolve"

E. Badu 






Check out the new Album which is in stores today March 30, 2010 
NEW AMERYKAH, Pt. 2: Return of the ANKH










As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"

No comments: