HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED...

About Me

My photo
United States
Purple Tramble also known as "Purple Reels The Go Getter" is an Independent Filmmaker an alumni of Howard University where she studied Communications - [TV/Film Production]. Tramble is passionate about working with small businesses, bands, artists etc. by giving them a tool to market themselves through video promotion. She is also passionate about the progression of the modern filmmaker by providing them with new ideas to keep them ahead of the game. Tramble is an Activist and Advocate of Educating and Empowering the next generation by providing them with positive images that destroy racial stereotypes and sexist or demeaning behavior in regards to young women. Her mission is to provide hope to the hopeless, a voice to the voiceless, and support others on a mission to bring peace, spread love, and make a positive change. "Protect and effect the minds of the youth and save a nation." ~ Purple Reels ~

Subscribe To My Podcast

Monday, April 13, 2009

THE GO GETTER ATTITUDE!!!




So I have a new outlook on life now I should say... I now understand that things don't always work out like you've planned but yet and still it is good to plan. I am sitting here in the Dean's office at Howard University waiting for some paperwork to be completed for funding for the Cannes Film Festival... or more importantly the Creative Minds in Cannes Program. I am realizing that the money is out there for whatever it is that you want to do... you just have to be a "Go Getter" and Go Get it!. So more importantly as a young independent woman it is important to keep that Go Getter spirit alive.


When I wake up in the morning I have to actually set my mind to do what I need to do. You don't just wake up with this kind of Go Getter attitude you must cultivate it daily. It is a day by day process like pruning of a tree. Being a student is a world full of stress that may lead to doubt at times but YOU have to be the one to stop those negative thoughts from actually blooming and embedding themselves into your conscience. I know that I have something special to share with the world but it is up to me to go out and show them and make myself visible.

I particularly like what Spike Lee said in his promotion for the Babelgum online film festival "Young people need vehicles ... there's a lot of talent out there... you can have a great film ... but if nobody can see it, it's not going to do that much good!"
I believe that this is absolutely true that we have to be the vehicle or the promotion tool to get our stuff out there! No one is going to do it for you because NO ONE is more passionate about what you do than YOU! So get up and get out there and DO YOU! Do It! There are NO EXCUSES! I have developed this NO EXCUSES attitude due to the passing of many people close to me in the past few years... it's like this... once you realize that you are about to die you start trying to do everything that you've ever wanted to do in life! The thing is we all know we are going to die someday... but you don't know when! SO why not take the risk NOW ... TODAY! Why not? It is up to you... that is what I am doing and plan to do from this moment on! I am a Go Getter with a Go Getter Attitude! So develop it and let it be known! That is my motto... Purple Reels on the MOVE! My first step is major ... I will soon be distributing "The Revolution Will Be Televised" online on Amazon.com which will be available for purchase and viewing ON Demand!






As always remember to be "REEL" and stay on the MOVE!

"Purple Reels The Go Getter"
http://www.youtube.com/purplereels

http://www.twitter.com/purplereels


No comments: